[Wien] plane wave cut-off: the final word

John Appleton banger_deep at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 18:20:55 CET 2006

Dear WIEN experts,

  This question is trivial but I want to be sure I am on the right path.
  I'm trying to reproduce a published WIEN2k calculation. In the paper,
  the authors quoted the plane wave energy cut-off as 16 Ry.
  In the user guide page 79, it states that Kmax*Kmax the plane
  wave cut-off in Ry. But I've always known the cut-off to be
   0.5*Kmax*Kmax. Which does WIEN use? In other words is
   Kmax*Kmax = 16  or 0.5*Kmax*Kmax = 16 ?

  Thanks!

  J. Appleton