AW: [Wien] Error: undefined symbol: __intel_cpu_indicator

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Mar 1 21:26:09 CET 2006

Hi Peter,
you are right with -static-libcxa (sorry, seems I had something different in mind), but it seems there are some more compatibility problems if one checks the compatibility guide of Intel, there are some differences between 32 and em64t systems.

I chcked only lapw1 and there it seems that libcxa is not in use.

I did not yet try to compile wien2k06 (maybe at the weekend) but up to now the only problem I had was with libpthread, I did not experience problems with -i-static and wien2k05 up to the latest version.

Minimally, the switches -lguide -lpthread and -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_em64t should be enough to run wien2k without errors.

I will keep you informed if something apears in the 06 version.

Ciao Gerhard