[Wien] Fermi Energy??

Gerhard H Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Wed Mar 22 12:20:09 CET 2006

However, it may appear that the integration is not perfect, and you see the
Fermi energy at the bottom of the conduction band and not, as expected
correctly, at the top of the valence bands.

In any case you have to check carefully the band structure, to see if you have
the Fermi energy crossing bands or not.

What do you mean with the energy of the gap, the gap has no energy but the
states have one ?
I think you mean the width of the gap, but why should it be underestimated by
Wien2k ? Is that some rumour or real knowledge, in the first case you should
carefully read the literature when LSDA or GGA give correct gaps and in what
cases they may give too small width of the gap.

Ciao
Gerhard

PS: There are other rumours were LDA, GGA and other things are muddled up, but
one should not believe everything.
In my calculations NaCl became ionic contrary to the rumours and if not
counting peas.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/messenger/mail_taglines/default/*http://fr.beta.messenger.yahoo.com>