[Wien] RMT choice and cell size

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:55:31 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Chandrika wrote:

> Just another question : Is there a 'rule of thumb' about how much smaller
> than covalent/atomic radius the RMT should generally be.

 	I roughly follow what is in the UG, section 4.3, where it talks
about the RMT's (search for "atomic sphere radius"). It would be nice if
there was a good method to determine the best RMT's for a case beyond what
setrmt will do, but at present I do not believe that there is one.

> How do you say that 1.8 would be too big RMT for SiC?

 	It's a guess. You should check the logs, e.g. case.outputM during
the minimization to see if it's got touching RMTs.

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University