[Wien] Problem about the command min and mini.positions!

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 23 08:44:57 CET 2006

There is no difference between these commands.  mini.posisitions calls
min
Also min  requires case.inM. If not present it will create it
automatically with some defaults (but does not open an editor window),
and gives a small notice in the :log and case.dayfile).

     I have a problem to consult you. I want to know the difference between
command min -i 50 -s 1 -j "run_lapw -I -i 100 -fc 1.0"  and mini.positions.
When using mini.positions from the execution drop list, the process of
minimization need case.inM,but the command min from command line does not
need that file. Are the calculation results of the two kinds of calculation
methods the same absolutely?Thank you in advance.
    Best regards.

Sincerely,

Z.J.