[Wien] what is the meaning of "Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C"

Joey Davis joeydavismail at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 10:05:29 CET 2006

Dear all
     I am a new user of WIEN2K. I am running wien version WIEN2k_05_1020
 on a machine of type P4-640, Intel-945G, DDR-II 533 1G, with operating
 system Edubuntu Linux 5.10, fortran compilerIntel Fortran compiler 9.0
  and math libraries intel Math Kernel Library 8.0. The material I calculated
  is PbTe. During my init_lapw, a warring mesage appear manny times. It is
 "Warning:locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C".I copy some parts
 of my init_lapw below:

 -----> check in  pbte.outputnn  for overlapping spheres,
        coordination and nearest neighbor distances
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> continue with sgroup or edit the pbte.struct file (c/e)

 Number and name of space group: 225 (F m -3 m)
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
        sgroup has also produced a new struct file based on your old one.
        If you see warnings above, consider to use the newly generated
        struct file, which you can view (edit) now.
 -----> continue with symmetry or edit pbte.struct_sgroup ? (c/e)
 >   symmetry    (22:29:37) 0.005u 0.003s 0:00.03 0.0%   0+0k 0+0io 2pf+0w
 -----> check in  pbte.outputs  the symmetry operations,
        the point symmetries and compare with results from sgroup
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> continue with lstart or edit the pbte.struct_st file (c/e/x)

 check in  pbte.outputst  how much core charge leaks out
        eventually you need to select a smaller ECORE or larger spheres
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> continue with kgen or edit the pbte.inst file (c/e)
 -----> in  pbte.in1_st  select   RKmax ( usually 5.0 - 9.0 )
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> in  pbte.in2_st  select   LM's, GMAX and Fermi-Energy method
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> in  pbte.inm_st  Reduce mixing factor and PW-scaling for difficult cases (localized magnetic systems)
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 >   inputfiles prepared (22:31:13)
 >   kgen        (22:31:13)   NUMBER OF K-POINTS IN WHOLE CELL:

 -----> check in  pbte.klist  number of generated K-points
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> continue with dstart or execute kgen again or exit (c/e/x)
 >   dstart      (22:31:31)  time in rgen  1.999999999999999E-002
 DSTART ENDS
 0.270u 0.007s 0:00.35 77.1%     0+0k 0+0io 1pf+0w
 -----> check in  pbte.outputd  if gmax > gmin, normalization
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 -----> do you want to perform a spinpolarized calculation ? (n/y)

     select the direction of the moment ( h k l ) (For R-lattice in R coordinates)
     select atoms for which a Relativistic-LO should be added (heavier elements)
     or SO should be switched off (light elements)
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
   Edit input file pbte.in1
     select a larger emax value for the energy window in pbte.in1
 Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
 The file pbte.in2c has been generated automatically

 When I calculate TiC, the question is the same as PbTe.It seems that the
  result is not affected by that Warrning message, But I can not comfirm it.

 My question is what does "Warrning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C" imply? how I can eliminate it in my computing courses.

                                                           Joey Davis