[Wien] what is the meaning of "Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C"

L. D. Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat Mar 25 13:39:06 CET 2006

With anything like this, the first thing you should do is type
"Warning: locale not supported by Xlib" in the query page of google, then
start reading the emails.

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Joey Davis wrote:

> Dear all
>     I am a new user of WIEN2K. I am running wien version WIEN2k_05_1020
> on a machine of type P4-640, Intel-945G, DDR-II 533 1G, with operating
> system Edubuntu Linux 5.10, fortran compilerIntel Fortran compiler 9.0
>  and math libraries intel Math Kernel Library 8.0. The material I calculated
>  is PbTe. During my init_lapw, a warring mesage appear manny times. It is
> "Warning:locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C".I copy some parts
> of my init_lapw below:
>
> My question is what does "Warrning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C" imply? how I can eliminate it in my computing courses.
>
>                                                           Joey Davis

Note: if you have an old email address for me, please note that "nwu" has
been changed to "northwestern".
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive