[Wien] How to use wien2k to calculate defect formation energy?

Oleg Rubel oleg.rubel at Physik.Uni-Marburg.de
Wed May 24 12:28:57 CEST 2006

If you need just the total energy of a defect-free system, you can
scale the system down to a primitive cell, provided a special care
taken for the k-point mesh, i.e. it should be properly scaled in
order to ensure the same density of k-points. Of course, R*Kmax
should be the same as well. If so, you can then multiply the total
energy of the primitive cell by a scaling factor and it should be
the same as the total energy of the supercell.

Oleg Rubel

Homepage: http://www.staff.uni-marburg.de/~rubel/