[Wien] How to setup the input files for a ferrimagnetic system

Yung-mau Nie NIE.Yungmau at nims.go.jp
Fri Nov 3 02:28:05 CET 2006

Dear Prof Cottenier

Thank you very much for your instructions. Now I am calculating a
perovskite system, experimentally deduced as a ferrimagetic
configuration. According to the assumed spin-configuration in the unit
cell, there are one up-spin is at the central cite, and there are six
down-spins respectively at one of six apexes of octahedral, surrounding
the up-spin. Actually I got almost the same result, likely to be the
ferromagnetic alignment, if I repeated two calculations but only change
on the spin-flip for the central site atom. Actually, I do not well
understand the requirement and meaning of the steps 1-3 for the AFM
calculation in the user-guide. Can you drop me a few lines to explain,
or introduce me to read some documents? Do you consider it to be the
reason for failing to get a ferromagnetic result that I did not exactly
follow these steps?

Thank you very much.

Y.M. Nie