[Wien] lapw2 problem on xeon mac

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Mon Nov 13 23:50:48 CET 2006

I have compiled Wien2k on a mac (dual xeon dual core processors) on osx
using the latest wien2k, mkl and ifort. Eveything went fine with the
compilation (no errors). My inital tests with the bench mark gave 108
seconds for 2 threads and 92 seconds using 4 threads (-axT). However If
I run a case with more than 2 k points I get an error in lapw2. I
recompiled with -ftrapuv -C -traceback and got the following message

LAPW0 END
 LAPW1 END
forrtl: severe (193): Run-Time Check Failure. The variable 'recpr_$GMIN' is being used without being defined
Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source
lapw2c             001746BF  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
lapw2c             00159F4D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
lapw2c             0014416F  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
lapw2c             00128F71  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
lapw2c             0010AC59  _recpr_                   218  recpr.f
lapw2c             00104EFA  _recfil_                  106  recfil.f
lapw2c             000C7D41  _MAIN__                   207  lapw2_tmp_.F
lapw2c             00002608  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
lapw2c             000025C2  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
lapw2c             000024E9  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
Unknown            00000002  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
forrtl: error (76): IOT trap signal

Has anyone managed to get wien2k working fully under osx.

Thanks

Michael