[Wien] Wien 2K Startup

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Tue Nov 28 15:56:40 CET 2006

>During the init_lapw script i get the vi Editor opened after execution
>of every single command with some information. What is the use of this
>Editor/information, do i need to make a change there or it is jusssst to
>note some intermediate results.
>is there a way to not to open this editor after every executed command.

This is a way to guide you through the set-up of a new calculation. You
can tune here various parameters that relate to accuracy and speed. For
your testing purposes, you shoud not change them (that's what I meant a
few days ago by 'accept all defaults'). There is no need to suppress
these screens (which you could do by putting $EDITOR to blank if you
really insist), as one will always execute this init_lapw interactively.
What matters for you is the run(sp)_lapw script, where the execution
time can range from minutes to weeks (especially the lapw1 and lapw2
steps). There are no editor screens in run(sp)_lapw.

Stefaan