[Wien] orbital moment

Javad hashemifar jhashemifar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 12:15:20 CET 2006

Dear Stefaan

Thanks for your answer.
We could extract the orbital moment for our case and after calculating the
( orbital moment / spin moment ) ratio we found that it is almost half
of the corresponding experimental value. Would you (or others) kindly
tell me is there any factor of 2 hidden in the orbital moment.

Thanks in advance
Javad Hashemifar

On 11/24/06, Stefaan Cottenier <Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> > I am trying to calculate the orbital moments of atoms in a Magnetic system.
> > I have added the spin orbit correction as well as density matrix
> > calculation (with rindex=1 and lsindex=3) to my scf but in the results
> > (output and scf files) I can not find the ORBxxx parameter.
> > I would appreciate if you please tell me what is the problem?
>
> :ORBxxx is only there if LDA+U is used. For LDA+spin-orbit, run once
> 'x lapwdm -c -so -up' after your scf cycle is converged (using '1 3'
> in case.indmc, as you seem to have done), and look in case.scfdmup for
> the orbital moment.
>
> Stefaan

Javad Hashemifar,   Ph.D. in Physics
current:
Tel:+49-203-3794743
Fax:+49-203-3794742
Fachbereich Physik, Universitat Duisburg-Essen, 47048 Dusiburg, Germany
permanent:
Tel:  +98-311-3912375
Fax: +98-311-3912376
Physics Department, Isfahan University of Technology, 84156 Isfahan, Iran