[Wien] (no subject)

Shen Li Qiu qiu at fau.edu
Mon Oct 2 22:35:39 CEST 2006

Hi all,
 It is the first time for me to compile WIEN06 on Altix 3000 machine. I
have the following questions.

 (1) One of the recommended options for system altix is:
     R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -L/opt/goto/lib -lgoto_it2 -lscs
-L/opt/intel/mkl70/lib/64 -lvml

       I change -L/opt/goto/lib   to   -L/opt/intel/fc/9.1.032/lib
       ------ i.e., replace goto by the real path.

       What does -lgoto_it2  mean?  What should I put in the place of goto?

(2) The on-screen instruction says "On shared memory system it is normally
better to start jobs in the background rather than using remote commands".
Does it mean that we can not submit jobs using PBS ?

Thanks in advance.

Shen Li Qiu