[Wien] unit in optimization results

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Tue Oct 3 08:58:16 CEST 2006

Note that a0B= 0.5291772083 Angstroem, so be sure you convert the lattice parameter correctly,
if you compare the calculated in atomic units (a0B) and experimental in Angstroem.

As recognized by Miao, the cubic fcc cell contains 4 atoms (for elements) but the primitive only one. That means that the cubic cell is 4 times as large as the primitive one.
So you find the cubic lattice parameter from (V_min*4)^(1/3) in atomic units. You may wish to convert either first the volume or later the lattice parameter to Angstroem for comparison with the experiment.
Similar equations are found for other non-primitive cells like bcc or bct.

Just to mention, this is not a problem of Wien2k,it is naot a problem at all, as the use of the primitive cell volume is ALWAYS correct !

Ciao
Gerhard