[Wien] DOS over certain volume in the BZ

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Oct 5 08:37:57 CEST 2006

You can create any klist you want and also calculate the qtl's for this
k-mesh (NOT WITH TETRA option in case.in2). Note  that the resulting EF
will be "wrong", but integrals could still be obtained using "ALL" and
putting the proper EF into case.in2 by hand. You will then have to
relate these integrals to the "volume" your k-mesh is spanning.

However, you cannot use   x tetra. (tetra uses beside case.klist also
case.kgen. It needs this info to find which k-points form the
corresponding tetrahedra).

Thus, when you are interested in the DOS (and not just in integrals),
you have to modify tetra; or you could just use the resulting qtl file
and write your own simple program using a "histogramm-method" or/and
some gauss-broadening. When you have a "dense" k-mesh, the tetrahedron
method is not really necessary for integration.