[Wien] K-point extraction

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 10 09:22:35 CEST 2006

a) Very interesting that you converge EFG and MMI for bulk Cu.
Fcc Cu does not have and EFG nor any magnetic moment.

b) From your lattice parameters one can see that you want to study
Cu(111) surface. If the lattice parameters differ from the original cell
by factors of sqrt(2) or sqrt(3) then you CANNOT make an equivalent
k-mesh. All you can do is coming as close as possible and use a mesh
close to eg. 12 / sqrt(2)

Furthermore please note: By selecting eg. 7-layers you have "implicitly"
also set a k-mesh in the c-direction (backfolding). This k-mesh,
however, cannot be "improved" (unless you use more layers).