[Wien] 'SECLR4' - POTRF error (again)

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Oct 10 14:21:57 CEST 2006

Unfortunately, the fact that it ran better with NMATMAX changed was
pure luck. You should google potrf (it's a lapack routine) and you
will see from looking at seclr4 in SRC_lapw1 that the error is due to
the matrix not being completely positive definite. I have a suspicion
that this is probably due to rounding errors rather than being real,
although a bad case.in1 (duplicate values) might lead to this.