[Wien] RE : Re: mini_lapw !!!!!!!!!

nadia iles n_ilesdz at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 30 12:41:36 CET 2006

Before runinig mini_lapw, in the scf files the forces
along z axis are in mRy/a.u:
at1 =0
at2=0
at3=10.115
at4=12.071
at5=-87.748
at6=27.757

As mentionned in optimisation notes in the wien web
site, when Forces are greater than 5 mRy/a.u, then we
must relax our structure. After relaxation in the file
case.scf_mini, the forces became:

at1 =0
at2=0
at3=18.313
at4=10.01
at5=-42.295
at6=0.577

and I obtain the previous error message and warning,
if my atoms don't need to be relaxed, why did I found
great forces values????????

--- Stefaan Cottenier