[Wien] How to add intraband contributions?

Joey Davis joeydavismail at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 05:31:14 CEST 2007

Dear all:
      I want to calculate the optical properties of TiC. I read the manual carefully.
   I can do for interband contributions. But when I add the intraband
  contributions, it cannot go on. I cannot find the answer form the mailing-list,
   would anyone tell me what is wrong. Many thanks!

        This is the sequence I followed:
  1) run_lapw

  2) x kgen (with 10000 k points)

  3) edit case.in2c, changing TOT to FERMI and writing 101.0 instead of 0.000 in TETRA

  4) x lapw1

  5) x lapw2

  6) Modify case.inop:

  20000 1       number of k-points, first k-point

  -4.0 2.2      Emin, Emax for matrix elements

  2             number of choices (columns in *outmat) - 0: MME into case.mme

  1             Re xx

  3             Re zz

  OFF           ON/OFF   writes MME to unit 4

  7)  x opticc

  8)  Modify case.injoint

  1  30              : LOWER,UPPER and (optional) UPPER-VAL BANDINDEX

   0.0000    0.00100   1.0000 : EMIN DE EMAX FOR ENERGYGRID IN ryd

  eV                            : output units  eV / ryd  / cm-1

   6                        : SWITCH

  2                        : NUMBER OF COLUMNS

  0.1  0.1  0.3             : BROADENING (FOR DRUDE MODEL - switch 6,7 -ONLY

  9) x joint

  10) Modify case.inkram

  11) It crashes immediately

  forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 10, file /home/anp/anp/wienwork/tic/tic.joint

  Image              PC        Routine            Line        Source

  kram               08091A02  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               080900D5  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
  kram               0807080D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               0804F6FA  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               0804F42A  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               0805CFC2  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               0804A036  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               08049B21  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  libc.so.6          400C887C  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  kram               08049A61  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

  0.004u 0.012s 0:00.09 11.1%     0+0k 0+0io 2pf+0w

  error: command   /home/anp/wien2k/kram kram.def   failed

  I would really be very grateful with any suggestions. Thank you!
  Joey Davis