[Wien] New Version WIEN2k_07.3 - problem with sgroup executable?

Cormac McGuinness Cormac.McGuinness at tcd.ie
Tue Aug 21 17:20:34 CEST 2007

There seems to be a problem with running both sgroup and reformat as
supplied in the downloadable Wien2k_07_executables.tar.gz

When attempting to run either program on the command line I get e.g:

$ ./sgroup
bash: ./sgroup: cannot execute binary file

Both sgroup and reformat exhibit this problem and the cause appears to
be as follows:

$ file sgroup
sgroup: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.4.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

whereas all the other executables show up as

$ file symmetry
symmetry: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
GNU/Linux 2.2.5, statically linked, not stripped

I am running on a Pentium 4 and I am not aware of any libraries I can
install for running x86-64 code compiled for an AMD 64.

Perhaps a recompile is needed for these two downloadable executables ?

--
Dr. Cormac McGuinness, PhD. etc., Lecturer, School of Physics,
Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland. Cormac.McGuinness at tcd.ie
Telephone: +353 1 8963547 Fax: +353 1 6711759 Office: SNIAM 3.17