[Wien] Problem compiling Wien2k_07.3

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 17 13:32:06 CEST 2007

Maybe the suggestions of the present siteconfig are not completely clear.
Is this more clear ?

Thus set NMATMAX to  sqrt(MEMORY/10)  (MEMORY in Bytes)

NMATMAX=10000 ==>   1GB (real) (==> cells with about 50-150 atoms/unitcell)
     ==> for lapw1c:    NMATMAX will be reduced internally to NMATMAX/sqrt2
     ==> for lapw1_mpi: NMATMAX will be increased internally to NMATMAX*sqrt(NP)

NUME determines the number of states to output. As a rule of thumb one can
estimate 100 basis functions per atom in the cell and 10 occupied states per
atom, so set    NUME=NMATMAX/10.

---------
Sorry, I did not mention, that there is only a param.inc (no param.inc_r and
_c) file anymore, thus only ONE NMATMAX can be set (for the real case). For
complex or mpi calculations NMATMAX will be scaled automatically.

NUME: The suggestion of NMATMAX/30 is a bit too restricted (it does NOT cause
much memory anyway). I suggest NMATMAX/10 as default