[Wien] Problem compiling Wien2k_07.3

David Holec dh331 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 12:11:07 CEST 2007

Dear Peter and all Wien users,

Sorry for the confusion: the problems were caused by unintentional mixing of
different Wien2k versions: I simply extracted the new version into a
directory with older version and this confused the compiler. All was set
right once I had deleted the old version and proceed the installation from
scratch. Thus, it was 'yet another user-induced error'...

However, I still needed to change the switch -lmkl_lapack64 to -lmkl_lapack
to make it work.

On a different note: during the installation I need to set up NMATMAX and
NUME parameters. I have 4GB of RAM in total, I'm running in k-parallel mode
(two processors - a dual core machine) and the calculations run in complex
mode. Thus I'm setting NMATMAX = SQRT (4 * 1024^3 / (2*20)) ~ 10000. Using
the rule of thumb suggested in siteconfig script I then set NUME to
10000/30~345. However, what puzzles me is that the default values
(NMATMAX=130000 & NUME = 1000) don't follow this rule of thumb. Why?

All the best,
David

David Holec
Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy
University of Cambridge
Pembroke Street
CB2 3QZ, U.K.

Tel: +44 (0) 1223 334404