[Wien] Fractional occupancies

Dean Keeble d.s.keeble at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 14:54:05 CET 2007

Dear all,

I am a relatively inexperienced user of Wien (as my question is sure to
imply more aptly than I realise).

I'm attempting to find the EFG of various ferroelectric ceramics and I
can't seem to enter the structure correctly.
Uploading a .cif file and typing the the co-ordinates by hand yield the
same problem - the fractional occupancies in my material are not
correctly inputted. Examining the .struct file doesn't seem to give any
clues either. Can (and if so, how) do I specify fractional occupancies?

Thankyou in advance for your swift and benignant reply,

Dean Keeble
Dept. of Physics
Warwick University
UK