[Wien] Version 7.1 - Charged supercells

E B Lombardi lombaeb at science.unisa.ac.za
Tue Jan 30 11:12:33 CET 2007

Thank you for your reply.

I would be very interested if the details could be included on the
Wien2k web page.
Do you have any suggestions for determining V_0(Q)?
Presumably the Madelung correction must still be added to the total
energy provided by Wien2k?
The corrections that converge as O(L^-1) and O(L^-3) discussed in the
literature - are they included in the -Q*V_0(Q)/2 term or are they
included in the new Wien2k E-tot?

I presume old charged calculations should be rerun from scratch, and not
just running additional SCF cycles  to convergence with the new version?
Is there any reason to doubt geometry optimization of charged supercells
from previous versions of Wien2k?

Thank you
Best regards
Enrico Lombardi