[Wien] Installation on Intel Mac

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 20 11:28:50 CEST 2007

> Le 20 juil. 07 à 10:46, Masao ARAI a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> matl-hci-d185:~/TiC/TiC_2 asharvey$ setrmt_lapw TiC_2 -r 0
>>> Unrecognized option: nn
>>> use: X [:<display>] [option]
>>>

>> I think that x in WIEN2k package was not executed but the X in X11
>> window system
>> was executed. (The standard filesystem for Mac does not distinguish
>> lower letter x
>> and capital letter X.)  I do not know the solution, but, maybe
>> some Mac
>> guru will.
>
> If this happens you need to reformat the disk. On Macs you can
> choose a disk formatting with or without case sensitivity.
> Unfortunately then you have to re-install everything unless you can
> mirror first on an other disk.

please no! i searched a little bit through the code. in some of the
shell scripts 'x' is always executed with "$bin/x", where $bin is
nicely defied as default directory for WIEN-executables, so no
problems there. but there are some scripts where 'x' is just executed
as 'x'. e.g. "system("echo '2' | x nn -f $name");". i think that we
should replace those 'x' with '$bin/x' as well to avoid any problems.
what do you think?

regards,
marc