[Wien] Installation on Intel Mac

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 20 13:59:41 CEST 2007

On 20. Jul 2007, at 11:49 Uhr, Gilles Hug wrote:

> Le 20 juil. 07 à 11:34, Ashley Harvey a écrit :
>
>> Here are the options I see from siteconfig_lapw --> compiler options
>> (they are exactly those that are recommended):
>>
>> Current settings:
>>       O   Compiler options:        -FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -
>> ip -DINTEL_VML
>>       L   Linker Flags:            $(FOPT) -L/Library/Frameworks/
>> Intel_MKL.framework/Versions/9.0/lib/32 -lpthread
>>       P   Preprocessor flags
>>       R   R_LIB (LAPACK+BLAS):     -lmkl_lapack64 -lmkl_ia32 -
>> lguide -
>> lmkl -lvml -pthread
>
> To my perception this should work fine.
>>
>> I rather prefer to not reformat.
>
> Ok, your choice.
> Then you'll need minor modifications in the x script for mini to
> change the name of case.inM. There was an answer by Peter Blaha to
> one of my question sometime ago. There might be some other issues I
> don't know.

i found the thread:

http://zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/pipermail/wien/2006-April/007040.html

don't you have problems with the non-unix compliant applications on
the case sensitive file system on the mac? i'd rather prefer only a
case sensitive partition or a case sensitive disk image. maybe an
optional script (similar to the one for setting the perl path) could
be run after the installation to fix these not case sensitiv file
systems issues?

while we are at mac installation: i also had to modify
userconfig_lapw because on macosx the shell information is still
stored in the netinfo database and not /etc/passwd:

instead of

  set usershell = `grep ^${user} /etc/passwd|awk -F: '{print $NF}'`

we used

  set usershell = `niutil -readprop / /users/${user} shell`

additionally, for a NIS environment:

  set usershell = `ypmatch ${user} passwd | awk -F: '{print $NF}'`

regards,
marc