[Wien] Fwd: Calculating the U

georg@chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Thu Jun 7 14:23:30 CEST 2007

There have been some reports on the mailing list that the supercell calculation
for NiO from the notes doesn't converge.

I have tested it and can see that the notes indicate that one should start the
constrained calculations from an atomic starting density. This is a bit brutal.
I have tested it starting from a converged (non-constrained) calculation and it
works perfectly. I have modified the notes. (see homepage)

Sorry that I haven't had time to look at it before now.

  Best wishes
   Georg

--
Georg Madsen