[Wien] "Segmentation fault" in lapw2 program

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Jun 15 22:21:38 CEST 2007

There are some problems that may come with the LINUX kernel,
it might appear that the 64-bit Kernel for em64t processors
cannot handle the memory correctly. (we just downgraded one computer
from a preinstalled 10.2 to the 10.1 SUSE distribution because of such problems).

In the Release notes of the Intel compiler you may find how to solve the
segmentation fault problem on RedHat distributions (I am just working at home
and do not have access to the file).

Sometimes such things happen because of a problem in the input file, can you just send me
youre structure file and let me know the number of k-points ans spin polarized or not,
I can check whether it runs ok on my computers.

Ciao
Gerhard