[Wien] lapwdm with ROOT option in case.in2

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Thu Jun 28 10:11:37 CEST 2007

Dear Masao Arai,

your result is in fact not too surprising. ROOT option simply fill the
electron states until the number of electrons is exhausted. If for the
last electron there are several degenerate states available, it puts in
each of these states equal fraction of the electron. TETRA procceds
differently and thus ROOT and TETRA may well finish with different
distribution of electrons that are close to the Fermi energy. LDA+U then
basicaly stabilize the states that are occupied and destabilize empty
states. Different state may therefore be stabilized with TETRA and with
ROOT. The best you can do is to construct different starting population
matrices and to run LDA+U several times (with the same option either TETRA
or ROOT). Etot then decides which of the solutions corresponds to the
ground state.

Regards
Pavel

Dr. Pavel Novak
Department of Magnetism and Superconductivity
Institute of Physics AS CR
Cukrovarnicka 10, 162 53 Praha 6, Czech Republic
tel: +420 2 20 318 532
e-mail: novakp at fzu.cz