[Wien] Optical properties for new and old WIEN

Robertson Burgess Robertson.Burgess at newcastle.edu.au
Fri Jun 29 05:40:00 CEST 2007

Sorry, I should have mentioned these things perviously.
Epsilon in the two components are similar between the old and new WIEN
codes, but again there are noticeable differences. These are most
noticeable towards the lower end.

We have run these calculations with bulk aluminium, and found that both
codes agreed very well on the plasmon response.

Many thanks
Bob Burgess

>>> Peter Blaha <pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at> 06/28/07 5:54 PM >>>
Just a few questions for clarification:

Is the difference just in the eloss spectra ?

Is eps2 and eps1 fine ?

Do the problems also appear in bulk fcc Al ?