[Wien] Teaching EELS

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat Mar 3 02:14:56 CET 2007

I am going to be teaching advanced TEM next quarter (dynamical
diffraction e.g. Bloch wave & multislice, imaging and other topics). I
realise that we are not there yet with coupling dynamical diffraction
with EELS at least in Wien2k. It would still be nice to be able to
have the students (graduates, who have already taken a basic TEM
course) do a Wien2k exercise iff it is reasonably fast and not too
convoluted. Has anyone tried this, and (better) some notes on it?

--
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall