[Wien] ad for postdoc position

Ilya Elfimov elfimov at physics.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 2 19:14:31 CET 2007

Dear Peter,

Our group has a position available for applicants at a post-doctoral
level.
I was wondering, if it would be appropriate to post an enclosed ad in
wien2k mail-list.
Also, we would be very grateful if you could distribute this information
to people who might be interesting in this position.

Thanks,
Ilya

Computational Physics Post-doctoral Position:

We have a post-doctoral level position to fill in ab-initio
calculations to study
interface and surface phenomena within the Advanced Materials and
Process Engineering
Laboratory (AMPEL) at the University of British Columbia.  AMPEL is a
multidisciplinary
center with strong collaborative research in physics, materials science,
chemistry, and engineering.  The ideal candidate would have a strong
background
in computational physics with explicit experience in full- and pseudo-
potential
density functional theory, and a strong interest in exploring the
role that surfaces and
interfaces can play in designing new materials.

The projects include:  epitaxial influence on magnetic and electronic
structures of
highly correlated novel oxides, the influence of solute atoms on the
interface mobil-
ity in metals and magnetic properties of the austenite-ferrite
interface in iron; the
surface reconstruction and defect formation on complex oxides.
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to have good
programing skills as
well as working knowledge of high performance computation and Linux
operating
system.

Salary will be competitive, and will be commensurate with
qualifications and
experience. The appointment will be initially for one year and
renewable for a
second year. The position is immediately available and to receive full
consideration applicants are requested to submit their resume and a
list of at
least two references by March 31, 2007 to Ilya Elfimov at
elfimov at physics.ubc.ca.

The University of British Columbia hires on the basis of merit and is
committed to
employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply,
however Canadian
citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Information
on the AMPEL
laboratory may be found on the web at: www.ampel.ubc.ca.