[Wien] .machines file and mpi

jadhikari@clarku.edu jadhikari at clarku.edu
Tue Mar 13 06:19:34 CET 2007

Dear Wien users,

This is my .machines file for 1 k point in the irreducible Brillouin zone-
granularity:1
1:node18 node18
And this is the command-
/usr/local/mpich/bin/mpirun -np 2 -machinefile .machines
/usr/opt/WIEN2k/run_lapw -i 40 -in1new 8
How do we know that it is running as fine grained, as there are no files
generated showing this? Moreover only 1 processor seems to be running even
if two are specified in the .machines file. "testpara" command returns-
Test: LAPW1 in parallel mode (using .machines)
Granularity set to 1
Extrafine unset
    klist:       1
    machines:    node18 node18
    procs:       1
    weigh(old):  2
    sumw:        2
    granularity: 1
    weigh(new):  1
Distribution of k-point (under ideal conditions)
will be:
1 : node18(1) 1k
Various alternatives of .machines file could not change the last line of
testpara return ie 1 : node18(1) 1k

I want the fine grained parallelization running for this kind of setup.
Please let us know about it.
Thanking you.

Subin