[Wien] General question about ghost bands

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 21 07:49:14 CET 2007

In most cases, ghostbands can be avoided easily (and actually should not
appear at all). Mainly 3 parameters cause problems:

What are your RMT values, what is RKMAX and where's EFERMI ?

Often the RMTs are too "different", RKMAX is too large, or EF is very
low/high because of empty space/ heavy elements. Then some corrections
to the defaults are necessary.

Eventually you can send the struct file to my private email.