[Wien] (no subject) DOS with spin-orbit coupling

Hongbin Zhang h.zhang at ifw-dresden.de
Tue Nov 27 10:21:40 CET 2007

Dear P.Blaha&S. Cottenier,

Thank you very much for your responsive reply.

However, after trying even with not-necessary "-c" option, or following
w2web steps (where no "-so" option appears when DOS is calculated), I still can
not get the same DOS for spinup and spindn for total DOS ( 0 1 in *.int).

I guess the *.vectorsoup(dn) files are needed for the calculation, so I
compared the two files, and they're different. and so do the *.qtl files
 generated by "x lapw2 -qtl -so -up(dn)".

So the problem for me now is how to get a usable *.vectorso file if the
conjecture above is ture. but how? please help me to figure it out.

With my kindest regards,

Hongbin