[Wien] 2-window semi core calculation of Ge3d fails

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 8 08:27:38 CEST 2007

I don't think that we ever considered semicore calculations in
k-parallel mode, since normally "2 window calculations" are no longer
recommended (and supported). So I'm not surprised that this does not
work and you will have to run your special problem sequentially (or
debug the k-parallel scripts, which is probably not even too difficult).

Do not forget to "break" symmetry. You should split a MULT=2 position
and only ONE Ge-atom/cell should have a core hole.

Compare the valence charges. Does the semicore charge have 10 (*mult?)
electrons ? And how much charge is inside the spheres. This may explain
your large core leakage, but as I said, you should do that only for a
single atom.