[Wien] w2web module required software

Che Seabourne cheseabourne at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 02:25:33 CEST 2007

I am running wien version 7.3 (latest update) on a machine of type intel32
with operating system ubuntu, fortran compiler ifort and math libraries
intel mkl. The purpose of my calculations is to find ELNES / DOS
predictions.

If possible I would like some advice on the required software for the w2web
module. Currently, I am unable to view plots or results within the module.
In terms of installed software:

-emacs (opens upon typing 'emacs' in the terminal)

-ghostscript , upon typing gs in the terminal the following appears:
ESP Ghostscript 815.04 (2007-03-14)
Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.

- gnuplot, upon typing gnuplot:
G N U P L O T
        Version 4.0 patchlevel 0
        last modified Thu Apr 15 14:44:22 CEST 2004
        System: Linux 2.6.20-15-generic

        Copyright (C) 1986 - 1993, 1998, 2004
        Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

        This is gnuplot version 4.0.  Please refer to the documentation
        for command syntax changes.  The old syntax will be accepted
        throughout the 4.0 series, but all save files use the new syntax.

        Type `help` to access the on-line reference manual.
        The gnuplot FAQ is available from
                http://www.gnuplot.info/faq/

        Send comments and requests for help to
                <gnuplot-info at lists.sourceforge.net>
        Send bugs, suggestions and mods to
                <gnuplot-bugs at lists.sourceforge.net>

- acroread also installed

Has anyone any thoughts on this? I am wondering if png support or something
is missing. Within the w2web /tmp file there are png images but they seem
corrupt or are at least unreadable.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Che Seabourne

Che Seabourne
Institute for Materials Research
SPEME