[Wien] bulk modulus at different pressures

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sun Sep 2 21:10:22 CEST 2007

It seems you are confusing some quantities. Look at the derivation of
the Murnaghan equation at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch%E2%80%93Murnaghan_equation_of_state
, especially equation (4). The symbols in that equation correspond in
the following way to wien2k: B0 = B (bulk modulus at zero pressure),
B'0=BP (pressure derivative of the bulk modulus). Both parameters are
determined by a murnaghan fit, and that equation (4) gives you the
resulting pressure dependence of the bulk modulus.

Stefaan

--
Stefaan Cottenier
Instituut voor Kern- en Stralingsfysica