[Wien] Wrong compiling option ?

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.be
Sun Sep 30 09:49:30 CEST 2007

That's probably normal. Check the wien2k benchmark page at
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/benchmark/, where you see e.g.:

P4D dual-core (820), 3.2 GHz     128 sec    ifort9 + cmkl8.0 OMP_NUM_THREADS=2
IBM p655 1.50GHz Power4+         206 sec    xlf 8.1.1,-q64 -O5,ESSL4.1

That's not yet the factor 4 you have, but probably the two above ones
are not exactly your machines either. Did you link with the essl
library on your IBM? If not, that could speed up quite a bit.

Stefaan