[Wien] hexagonal symmetry

delamora@servidor.unam.mx delamora at servidor.unam.mx
Sun Sep 30 20:02:30 CEST 2007

Dear Peter Blaha,
    I found a strange bug in the latest version (7.3), I want to calculate Fe in
1D, so I put Fe in a hexagonal symmetry with a=b=3A and c=2.482A with the angles
A=B=90 C=120 and the SG set to H.
    When I save the Struct Gen the saved Fe.struct is correct, but in the Struct
Gen I see that a=b=c=3A. In other words, c=2.482A changes to c=3A, in the case
that I put a=b=4A then c=4A. This problem also happens when I do 'save' and
'continue editting'.
    I then tried a=3, b=3.5 and c=4 and I had no trouble, although this is not
consistent with H symmetry. I didn't enquire any further this case.
    Yours

          Pablo de la Mora