[Wien] installation problem

Yurko Natanzon yurko.natanzon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:08:08 CET 2008

I don't think this is an Ubuntu issue. The error possibly comes from
this part of the code:

if ($b == 'y') then
   foreach i ( SRC*.tar TiC.tar fccni.tar TiO2.tar example_struct_files.tar )

    if (-e $i) then
        echo "tar -xf $i"
        tar -xf $i
    endif
   end

which means that you do not have unpacked .tar files in the current
directory. or it may come from this part:

foreach i ( SRC/*_lapw )
          if (-e $i) then
            cp $i .
            set fn = `echo $i:t |sed "s/_lapw//"`
            if (-e $fn) rm $fn
            ln -s $i:t $fn
            echo "$i   copied and linked to   $fn"
          else
            echo "$i not found\!"
          endif
end

which means that .tar files exist but were not unpacked (no space on drive??).

so you may do the job by hand - unpack .tar files by yourself, or
split expand_lapw script into smaller scripts in order to find the
reason for the error.

regards,
Yurko