[Wien] DOS in a single k-pointitrary

Oleg Artamonov arto at mail.nnz.ru
Fri Dec 12 12:20:18 CET 2008

Dear Gerhard,

Thank you for detailed reply. I'll try to explain my position.
I would like to service my angle resolved e,2e experiment with
the inelastic scattering of polarized electrons from W(110).
We assume that the experimental spin-asymmetry is related to
the spin-asymmetry of the valence states. For this reason
I need to get the spin-asymmetry distribution of the valence
electrons in the energy interval  about 1 eV near the Fermi level
along the specified direction in the surface BZ.
I am running now the spin-resolved calculations with the orbital
potential as advised by P. Novak to resolve spin-states.
I can compose a script to describe the line in the surface BZ,
but I need to get an idea how to calculate the DOS for the arbitrary
k-point.

Thank you in advance,
                                        Oleg Artamonov.