[Wien] big QTL-B when excutables compiled with ifort10.1 and mkl10.0

Xing Gao lgao_x at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:23:20 CET 2008

Dear Dr.Blaha,

I just have chance to compare this two calculations step by step. The initial step does not show any significant difference, except that the default GMAX in case.in2 is 12 in version 08 and 14 in version 06.

After I run lapw0 and compare output in scf0, I find out that there are big difference of EFG at some atoms between these two versions (:EFG and :ANG).  And the Density integrals are about 2.5 Ry different.

I know there are lots of improvement changes from version 06.3 to 08.2 in lapw0. But should I expect this much difference?

Running lapw1 at Gamma point, I do not find out significant change in their eigenvalues (the difference is about the 3 digit after point). Therefore, I still cannot figure out why I got big QTL-B value in version 08_2 compiled with Intel?

Best,

Gao