[Wien] ask a question about Rotation Matrix and proper LM values again

Kong Shi kongshi at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:54:42 CET 2008

Dear Peter Blaha:
         I'm a user of  WIEN2k. I ever enquired how to use the non-default Rotation Matrix on mail list and I got the feedback from you.  Thank you so much for your help. But now the question is that I can only do it by full k-mesh which means I do it in P1 point group, no symmetry, all k-point become inequivalent, and all lm-components need to be calculated. This approach works very slow.
        Thus, I wonder whether can do the calculation in some point group and reduce the k-mesh by symmetry. I know some trick can do it, for example finding out which L, M values are allowed by this symmetry and put them in the in 2 files. But it does not work well. Would you please explain it in detail? Your support and guidance will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Shi Kong