[Wien] Segmentation fault in lapw2 using IFORT 10.1.x

Florent Boucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Tue Feb 12 11:50:28 CET 2008

Dear Gerhard,
I just want to come back to your previous message concerning IFORT 10.1.x
I was able to reproduce exactly the same behavior (10.1.11). Do you have
found something more on l2main to explain the problem or may be someone
else ?
Also, I am not so use to modify the makefile so if you did a specific
modification for l2main in your make file, I will appreciate to have it.
Regards
Florent

Gerhard Fecher a écrit :
> This concerns Version 7.3 and 8.1 if compiled with IFORT 10.1.x
> (SUSE, RED HAT, mkl 9.x, 10.x)
>
> A segmentation fault occurs if the optimization switches -O2, or higher are used.
> traceback tells that it is in:
> read_vec line 88:      READ(10,.....
>
> the segmentation fault disapperas if l2main.F is compiled with -O0, that is without
> any optimization.
> all others (including read_vec.F !!) can be still compiled with -O3
> and processor specific optimizations (-xProcessor).
>
> The error appears with all 10.1.x versions of IFORT but not with 10.0.x
>
> Maybe its some uninitiallized or undeclared variable, however,
> adding in l2main the missing declarations for variables passed to read_vec
> did not help.
> I could not find a faulty array, but may be I have missed something.
>
> Happy New Year
> Gerhard
>
> Seems something similar (lapw2 compiled with -O0) was reported last month but stayed unresolved.

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssinière           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |