[Wien] Are fractionally charged atoms possible in Wien2k? / Thank you

Oleg Rubel rubel at Physik.Uni-Marburg.de
Tue Feb 12 17:26:17 CET 2008

Dear Stefaan,

thank you very much for the suggestion. I found some mails about
'insulator in virtual crystal approximation' in 2005 and followed their
recipe, namely:

- run through inil_lapw using default atomic numbers
- edit nuclear charges in case.struct
- edit corresponding occupancies in case.inst
- edit the total number of electrons in case.in2*
- run SCF circle

The SCF circle converges. It seems that the charge of 0.75 was possible to
set up. At least the total charge inside unit cell (:CHA label in
case.scf) corresponds to the expectations. By the way, how can I check
what the nuclear charge for each atom is and whether it corresponds to the
value in case.struct?

Thank you once again.

Yours sincerely,

Oleg