[Wien] questions about electron density plot

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Feb 23 10:43:09 CET 2008

lapw5 uses a linear interpolation/extrapolation of the density between
the radial mesh points. For those reasons densities (and even more so
differences) at/near the nucleus are NOT reliable.

So: Yes, of course the densities in the core region are different in
atoms and solids, but I'd use 1-D difference plots, calculated directly
on the given radial mesh for a reliable calculation (Take directly the
clmsum file from scf and from dstart).