[Wien] strange time using -it switch

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 18 13:52:58 CET 2008

I can hardly help without more info. Anyway, without a local SCRATCh dir
even without $para it should be ok.

(execute vec2old_lapw -p on the commandline in this subdir.
What do you get ? Eventually change the first line of the script to -fx.)

Yes, of course the iterative diagonalization needs some extra memory (basically
two times the vector files + some auxilliary arrays. So when full diag. just fits
into the memory it is possible that -it will crash.
For such large cases I'd use the mpi-parallel version anyway!