[Wien] XCrysDen via w2web

Tomohiko Tasaka tasaka at affinity-science.com
Thu Jan 31 14:20:14 CET 2008

Dear w2web users,

I tried to access xcrysden from w2web, but it's not started.
Only the following messages were displayed on w2web.

Requires X-Windows system ...

*Additionally, I had executed the command $xhost +"address of X client" on
ahead.

I think it's because the below line is comment out.
# $ENV{'DISPLAY'}="$ENV{'REMOTE_HOST'}:0.0";
included in bandxrys.pl, rhoxcrys.pl and viewxcrys.pl at
SRC_w2web/htdocs/util/.

If I remove a comment character(i.e. #), xcrysden starts normally.
Is this a reasonable solution? Could you please let me know what you think?

---
WIEN2k_08
X Server: Mac OS X 10.5.1
X Client: SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 SP1

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,
Tomo Tasaka