[Wien] Installing Wien2k_08 on Mac: library not found for-lmkl_lapack64

M D Jones jonesm at ccr.buffalo.edu
Thu Jan 31 14:46:01 CET 2008

I recently helped someone out with a Mac (Tiger,core2) install, although
I tend to use Linux for most of my Wien2k calculations.  Below are
the compiler/linker flags that I used for ifort 10.1 and MKL 10.0:

FOPT:-FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -ip -DINTEL_VML
FPOPT:-FR -mp1 -w -prec_div -pc80 -pad -ip -DINTEL_VML
LDFLAGS:$(FOPT) -L/Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/em64t
DPARALLEL:'-DParallel'
R_LIBS:-lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lguide -lpthread

I came up with the new MKL library options after perusing their
user manual - it appears to me that intel is changing the library
structure with the latest MKL releases.

Note that lapw2 needs a lower optimization level to run properly
for ifort 10.1, as reported earlier on the mailing list - I
found that using -g stabilized it.  Another odd tidbit - I had to
change x_lapw line 183 from:

set cmplx=`cut $file.struct -b -6|\

to:

set cmplx=`cut -b -6 $file.struct|\

otherwise the Mac would complain about the cut option syntax.
Hope this helps you out,

Matt